Israel SIM card for visiting students
From: $29.95 Per month
- Israel SIM Card – 4G LTE Data
- 10GB of data – Included
- Add on – Get 30 GB for $10 /month
- Unlimited Calls to/from Israel & North America
- Unlimited Texts to/from Israel & North America
- NO Activation Fees, NO Insurance or Deposits Fees
- Add on – Virtual USA Number – $5/month
Israel SIM card for visiting students plan has a 5-month minimum requirement. You’ll be charged for the first 3 months, when placing the order, and from month 4 onward a monthly charge will be applied.
1 Questions on Israel SIM card for visiting studentsAsk a question
With NES Mobile, you can rent an Israel phone or get an Israel SIM card. Bringing your cell phone from home to Israel is easy – but to use our service, there are some technical requirements:
- Your phone must use a SIM card (most new phones nowadays have SIM cards)
- Make sure your phone is unlocked (i.e. not programmed to only work with your original carrier’s network). You can ask your carrier to unlock it for a short while.
- Your phone must be a GSM phone with the following frequencies: GSM 900 MHz & 1800 MHz, UMTS 850 MHz & 2100 MHz. Most new phones have quad bands (so they will work in Israel).
- Please note we cannot guarantee compatibility of outside phones.
- Testing that your phone is unlocked: try inserting different carriers SIM card into your phone. For example, if you use a Version SIM, try inserting an AT&T SIM into your phone. If the phone registers on the AT&T network, your phone in unlocked!
Last modified: August 17, 2017
Israel SIM card for visiting students with 4G LTE Data
If you are a student learning in Israel you’ll need data, LOTS of fast, reliable data. That is why even our basic Israel SIM card for visiting students plans come with 10Gb of 4G LTE data.
This plan comes with: unlimited calls to and from Israel; to and
- Unlimited calls to and from Israel;
- Unlimited calls to and from North America,
- Unlimited texting to and from Israel and North America
- At least 10Gb of high speed 4G LTE data
ALL our Israel SIM card for visiting students plans come with high-speed LTE data. This plan comes with 10 Gb of high-speed 4G LTE data, and after the plan is over – the system may slow you down. This means that you will still be connected to the internet, however, surffing will be slow. Emails will still probably work.
Israel Unlimited data with LTE high-speed download & upload
How fast is the network we use in Israel? Well, this, of course, depends on many factors like cell reception, available bandwidth and so on.
According to opensignal.com, the average 4G LTE speed is 28 Mbps. Our internal testing on Cellcom’s network (which NES Mobile uses for its Israel 4G SIM card service) showed an average speed of about 23 Mbps on 4G, and 8 Mbps on 3G. Our internal testing is by no means scientific, but more of an internal poll and our testing results can vary based on location and other factors.
According to Opensignal.com Israel has deployed the LTE network with around 62.7% network availability. We are a little lower than Indonesia (62.77%) and a little higher than South Africa (62.68%). you can read more about this on our BLOG. You can see a map of Israel with coverage based on the different networks HERE. The Average speed of the LTE network is 18.88 Mbps, which is faster than the WiFi average.
In general, cell networks can be divided into two: 2G/3G and 4G (or sometimes referred to as LTE).
2G and 3G are older technologies. These older networks typically have a large geographic coverage but deliver slower data speeds. All our SIMs are LTE compatible, but sometimes the devices themselves are not compatible. If you know you don’t have a 4G phone, you might want to switch your phone to 2G/3G mode only. This will save a lot of battery power.
4G is the newest generation of network technology. LTE (which stands for “Long Term Evolution“) provides fast data speeds suitable for streaming video, and voice calls with very good audio quality.