In the past, many travelers to Israel simply rented a basic Israeli cell phone for their local needs. These days, travelers to Israel bring their own iPhone to Israel and simply replace their USA SIM with an Israel SIM card. For Android phones click here.
iPhone – How to Insert an Israel SIM Card
- Tool – Use the SIM card eject tool from Apple (or a simple small paper clip will do). Locate the tiny hole for the SIM card tray (on the side of the iPhone 4 and on top of the iPhone 5).
- Open the SIM Tray – Put the narrow end of the clip into the hole and push it down gently, but firmly – until the little SIM tray pops out.
- Replace the SIM – Gently remove the SIM card from the plastic cradle and insert the NES Mobile Israel SIM card in its place.
Changing SIM for iPhone 5
Changing SIM for iPhone 4
Data Settings for iPhone with NES Mobile Israel SIM
These steps should only be done once you arrive in Israel. 9 out of 10 times, the above 3 steps are enough, but at times, you may also need to change the data settings. For more information on changing the iPhone data APN setting for an Israeli SIM from NES Mobile.
Why Order an Israeli SIM from NES Mobile?
Tourists to Israel are often shocked by roaming fees from major mobile operators in the USA as well as other countries. However, tourists to Israel can avoid such charges and bring their own iPhone or Android phone and use it in Israel. Customers only need to obtain a local Israeli SIM card from NES Mobile and save hundreds of dollars.
Tips for Flying to Israel with a Mobile phone:
- Plan ahead: Call and data rates without a local Israeli SIM card can be quite expensive.
- Have the Israel SIM card delivered to your home or office in the USA before your trip. Keep in mind that very few Israeli cell providers accept international credit cards and even fewer provide USA delivery ahead of your trip.
- Verify rates: Rates may vary. Be sure to look at the fine print. It is recommended to verify and review suppliers’ terms and check for any hidden costs. Find out what’s included in the package, and more importantly, what’s not. Read more about Israel phone rental packages and tips.
- Quality of local network – Check if the locations you’re planning to visit have a wireless network in the area. Note that some providers provide unlimited data but after a certain amount of usage there’s a slowdown of traffic speed.
- Students can obtain long-term unlimited Israeli SIM plans that are cheaper than local daily plans for tourists.
About Nes Mobile
NES Mobile is a leading cell provider for visitors to Israel. NES Mobile offers unlimited packages for Israeli SIM cards for all phone models, as well as Israeli phone rentals and Mifi pocket hotspot rentals.