I want to bring my own phone to Israel, what should I look out for?
With NES Mobile, you can rent an Israel phone or get an Israel SIM card. Bringing your cell phone from home to Israel is easy – but to use our service, there are some technical requirements:
- Your phone must use a SIM card (most new phones nowadays have SIM cards)
- Make sure your phone is unlocked (i.e. not programmed to work exclusively with your original carrier’s network). You can ask your carrier to unlock it for a short while.
- One way to test if your phone is unlocked: try inserting different carriers SIM card into your phone. For example, if you use a Verizon SIM, try inserting an AT&T SIM into your phone. If the phone registers on the AT&T network, your phone in unlocked!
- Your phone must be a GSM phone with the following frequencies: GSM 900 MHz & 1800 MHz, UMTS 850 MHz & 2100 MHz or 4G LTE. Most new smartphones have quad bands (so they will work in Israel).
- Please note we cannot guarantee compatibility of outside phones.
Last modified: August 20, 2017