There are so many features we tend to look for in a smartphone nowadays – the latest operating system, the camera quality and the looks. Since many of our NES Mobile clients are international travelers, some prefer to use a Dual SIM smartphone. Using a dual SIM smartphone gives them the option of using a local SIM, like the NES Mobile Israel SIM card, which tends to be cheaper than their local provider’s roaming option, or to use the roaming option in certain cases. Some clients simply use the dual SIM phone to screen through calls and texts and use their NES Mobile Israel SIM to make outbound calls later on.
Customers often ask us which dual SIM phone we recommend, so we ran a short survey among some of our customers and did some online research to try to find the best options out there today. There are so many products out there with the same or similar features, that it’s very easy to make the wrong decision on a whim. Detailed comparisons come in handy for reaching a sensible conclusion. The following comparisons may better help you decide between these dual-SIM phones. These phones are best for people who tend to travel often, as they are compatible with international SIM cards.
Blu Advance 5.0 – Unlocked Dual SIM Smartphone
The BLU advance 5.0 is one of the cheapest dual SIM smartphone options out there, if not the cheapest. We would probably not recommend it as a day to day phone, or for heavy users. However, if you have a phone that is locked and are looking for a cheap, light-usage option to use just when you travel, this may be a good choice.
It has a bright metallic front and an eye-catching design. Its leather pattern has a nice finish, while its battery cover gives you a flexible and handy grip.
- The display is backed with Infinite View Technology (IPS) to assure great angles display. Its 5 inch screen enables you to watch movies and videos on your phone without having to squint.
- There are no international band restrictions and the set works perfectly worldwide.YOU DIDN’T RELATE TO MY COMMENT ON THIS.
- It supports micro AND regular SIM cards, so you don’t have to get your old SIM modified (unless of course you have a NANO SIM).
- The functionality of the phone is rather smooth – the calls, texting and all the other apps work well overall. This Dual SIM phone can perform multiple tasks, super smoothly as it’s powered by a 1.3GHz Quad-core processor. This robust power allows you to use the device with heavier, power-hungry apps. You can easily use any high graphic contents or heavy office docs with ease.
- The internal storage is limited, so you will have to keep it clean and updated – which means a whole lot of rebooting. Some malfunctioning is reported during calls such as call drops and interruptions in voice.
- Despite this, the phone has a wide screen but you cannot see the icons and other stuff properly in bright sunlight.
- There is no default picture messaging option.
- Even though the set is sleek in design, it’s very lightweight, and can feel hollow.
- The battery life is not compatible for long hours of heavy usage.
Honor 5X Unlocked Dual SIM Smartphone
Huawei Honor 5x is considered one of the leading options for dual SIM smartphones. It is ranked highly for the future of smartphones because of its functionality and its capability to handle two SIMs at a time. It is backed with advanced fingerprint sensors which assures a good level of security. This phone could be used as your regular phone, both in the USA and when you travel abroad and need to use international SIM cards.
The external looks are impressive and you have the option to choose from multiple color variants, available in ergonomic, diamond polished and aircraft-aluminum.
- Has external storage capacity of up to 128 GB.
- The design is ultra-sleek due to the metal (aluminum) finish.
- Speedy fingerprint reader that works well – within 0.5 seconds.
- It features a 2GB RAM, which ensures smooth functionality without any lags.
- Supports micro and nano SIM cards. Fully powered with 4G SIM (LTE) slots that are a combination of micro and nano SIMs. With a microSD card, you can get up to 128 GB storage space.
- The beautiful HD screen is 5.5 inches wide and easily watchable in sunlight. The display is 1080p, and the 64-bit Octa-core processor runs HD movies seamlessly.
- A sharp 13MP camera captures high-res photos and has a variety of photo and video filters.
- Despite its 64-bit processor, it does not support live wallpapers well.
- Google Pay is unusable because the phone lacks an NFC chip.
- Glitches while unmounting the micro-SD card.
- You can’t turn the camera shutter sound off.
- The battery may last you all day, but it takes a long while to charge, since it does not have quick charge support.
- You may also face some issues with the EMUI widget.
Samsung Galaxy S6 SM Dual SIM Smartphone
Samsung Galaxy S6 dual SIM Smartphone provides outstanding performance and is available in a slim & sleek frame and multiple colors.
This phone is smartly decorated with special glass that is known as “Protective Corning Gorilla Glass 4”.
- This powerful phone is powered by a whopping 64-bit octa-core processor for a fast and robust performance. Compatible with international SIMs without causing any lags or issues.
- The beautifully crafted 5.1 inch multi-touch screen with the AMOLED feature, makes this device a powerful palm-based machine.
- Your data is secured inside the device under the protection of an advanced security system and fingerprint sensors.
- Incredible battery time.
- Wireless charging.
- Works well with international 4G networks.
- The LTE feature is not supported on both SIM cards.
- Requires Android App support for quite a few actions.
- A few lagging glitches when switching from SIM 1 to SIM 2, and vice versa.
- There is no user-replaceable battery. A step down from the usual removable battery.
Motorola Moto G (3rd Generation) Dual SIM Smartphone
The only dual SIM Smartphone in our list with water resistant technology, Motorola Moto G is one of the most used phones in the market today.
- Motorola Moto G is powered with a speedy quad core processor with outstanding battery life.
- Motorola Moto G comes with 13 MP dual lens camera with built-in color balancing features. The 13MP camera has the capability to capture proficiently in broad daylight.
- A wide variety of display customizations.
- The built in memory is only 16 GB, which we think is not bad for a dual sim phone, but you can expand the memory with a micro-SD card.
- The camera’s focus works better manually rather than automatically.
- No NFC support.
- Usage of a SIM-tray adapter makes the contacts susceptible to being misplaced.
- Crashes after a certain period of heavy usage and overheats.
Having a dual SIM phone enables travelers, tourists and businessmen to save money on roaming costs, without the hassle of switching the SIM cards. It eliminates the process of replacing SIM cards every time you board a plane! Simply keep your world travel SIM card in your phone with your regular SIM.
About NES Mobile
NES Mobile is a leading provider of cellular solutions for visitors to Israel. NES Mobile offers 4G LTE Israel SIM cards for tourists, as well as Israel Pocket Wi-Fi with unlimited data for tourists and students.
NES Mobile offers FREE deliveries across the USA & Israel.
Amazon Affiliate Disclosure notice
This website is owned by NES Mobile which sells Israel SIM cards and International SIM cards. NES Mobile is a participant site with Amazon Services LLC Associates program, an affiliate advertising program which allows websites to earn compensation for sales by linking to amazon.com.